These APIs are experimental and are currently being worked on. Endpoints may change without warning. Consider the v3 API if you need stability.
This endpoint allows you to fetch content for the new Discovery Pane in Firefox (about:addons).
If a telemetry client id is passed as a parameter to the discovery pane api endpoint then static curated content is amended with recommendations from the recommendation service. The same number of results will be returned as a standard discovery response and only extensions (not themes) are recommeded. Only valid, publicly available addons are shown.
E.g. a standard discovery pane will display 7 items, 4 extensions and 3 themes. Up to 4 extensions will be replaced with recommendations; the 3 themes will not be replaced. The API will still return a total of 7 items.
- lang (string) – Activate translations in the specific language for that query. (See translated fields)
- edition (string) – Return content for a specific edition of Firefox. Currently only
- telemetry-client-id (string) – Optional sha256 hash of the telemetry client ID to be passed to the TAAR service to enable recommendations. Must be the hex value of a sha256 hash, otherwise it will be ignored.
Response JSON Object:
- count (int) – The number of results for this query.
- results (array) – The array containing the results for this query.
- results.heading (string) – The heading for this item. May contain some HTML tags.
- results.description (string|null) – The description for this item, if any. May contain some HTML tags.
- results.is_recommendation (boolean) – If this item was from the recommendation service, rather than static curated content.
- results.addon (object) – The add-on for this item. Only a subset of fields are present:
current_version(with only the
This endpoint allows you to fetch all editorial content for Discovery Pane Recommendations. This is used internally to generate .po files containing the strings the content team came up with.
Response JSON Object:
- results (array) – The array containing the results for this query. There is no pagination, all results are returned.
- results.addon (object) – A add-on object for this item, but only containing one field:
- results.custom_heading (string|null) – The custom heading for this item, if any.
- results.custom_description (string|null) – The custom description for this item, if any.