These APIs are experimental and are currently being worked on. Endpoints may change without warning.
This endpoint allows you to fetch content for the new Discovery Pane in Firefox (about:addons).
- lang (string) – Activate translations in the specific language for that query. (See translated fields)
- edition (string) – Return content for a specific edition of Firefox. Currently only
Response JSON Object:
- count (int) – The number of results for this query.
- results (array) – The array containing the results for this query.
- results.heading (string) – The heading for this item. May contain some HTML tags.
- results.description (string|null) – The description for this item, if any. May contain some HTML tags.
- results.is_recommendation (boolean) – If this item was from the recommendation service, rather than static curated content.
- results.addon (object) – The add-on for this item. Only a subset of fields are present:
current_version(with only the
If a telemetry client id is passed as a parameter to the discovery pane api endpoint then static curated content is amended with recommendations from the recommendation service. The same number of results will be returned as a standard discovery response and only extensions (not themes) are recommeded. Only valid, publicly available addons are shown.
E.g. a standard discovery pane will display 7 items, 4 extensions and 3 themes. Up to 4 extensions will be replaced with recommendations; the 3 themes will not be replaced. The API will still return a total of 7 items.
editionparameter disables recommendations - the
telemetry-client-idis ignored and standard discovery response returned.
- telemetry-client-id (string) – The telemetry client ID to be passed to the TAAR service.
- lang (string) – In addition to activating translations (see Discovery Content), this will be passed as locale to TAAR.
- platform (string) – The platform identifier to be passed to TAAR.
- branch (string) – Additional parameter passed along to TAAR.
- study (string) – Additional parameter passed along to TAAR.