These APIs are experimental and are currently being worked on. Endpoints may change without warning.
This endpoint allows you to fetch content for the new Discovery Pane in Firefox (about:addons).
Response JSON Object:
- count (int) – The number of results for this query.
- results (array) – The array containing the results for this query.
- results.heading (string) – The heading for this item. May contain some HTML tags.
- results.description (string|null) – The description for this item, if any. May contain some HTML tags.
- results.is_recommendation (boolean) – If this item was from the recommendation service, rather than static curated content.
- results.addon (object) – The add-on for this item. Only a subset of fields are present:
current_version(with only the
If a telemetry client id is passed as a parameter to the discovery pane api endpoint then static curated content is amended with recommendations from the recommendation service. The same number of results will be returned as a standard discovery response and only extensions (not themes) are recommeded. Only valid, publicly available addons are shown.
E.g. a standard discovery pane will display 7 items, 4 extensions and 3 themes. Up to 4 extensions will be replaced with recommendations; the 3 themes will not be replaced. The API will still return a total of 7 items.